The Riyadh Bus Stops and Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) System Project is an integral part of the transportation facilities currently being developed for the city of Riyadh including the new Riyadh Metro. It is an extremely high profile project providing unique stations for the BRT as well as a comprehensive network of comfortable and functional passenger facilities.
Phase 1 of the Project includes:
- Seven (7) bus lines consisting of 408 architecturally designed & services passenger pick up facilities & 28 pairs of BRT Stations.
- Two (2) Terminal Stations.
- Ancillary works including 19 bridges servicing the BRT stations and 2 large Park and Ride areas.
Phase 2 of the Project includes:
- Nine (9) bus lines consisting of 540 architecturally designed & services passenger pick up facilities, and 10 pairs of BRT Stations.
- Ancillary works including 9 bridges servicing the BRT stations.
Scope of Work
IBECE was involved in the design and development of the 72 BRT and Pickup Stations Types A1,A2,A3 and B1 with the related bridges located along the following six roads (Al Kharj Road, Dirab Road, Al Amir Road, Hamza Road, Ali Bin Abi Talib Road and Salah El Din Al Ayoubi Road):
– Design Development Services of:
a. BRT and Pick Up Stations:
– Aluminum Curtain Walls
– Aluminum Doors
– Acoustic Perforated Curved Ceiling
– Internal Glass and Cladding Signage
– Roofing System and Perforated Roof Cladding
– Perforated Soffit Cladding
– Ultra High-Performance Concrete Seating
– Stainless Steel Handrails
– Aluminum Rainscreen
– Aluminum Vertical Grills
– Double Skin Aluminum Curtain Wall
– Aluminum Cladding For Staircase sides, Cover & Soffit
– Aluminum Cladding For Roof, Ceiling and Canopies with
the supporting steel structure